It's All Worth It

    I have avoided coming to update until I have time to update.  Tick, tick, tick.....
And so I decided that if I can't give a complete update it's better to just give what I can, the little pieces of my heart that I can, and am supposed to share. 

    I am finding grace everywhere abundantly supplied.  We were sent here from heaven you know, to do heavenly things in this broken down world and so we need these heavenly gifts to do it.  I'm finding more grace, along with all of the eternal gifts of the spirit to do this kind of kingdom work in this temporal land of wasting things by the use of my faith vision.

    We are climbing mountains over here in our wheelchairs and Lucia and Cephas just may be leading the charge.  Last year was just plain hard I tell ya.  If I thought there was nothing more than this world itself I may have just dug a hole and called it done, but I think we may have needed that year to see with joyful tears that all that we have is HIS and HE will do what HE will do. 

    This is what I know.  Justice is His.  Keeping our eyes fixed on the prize and laying it before Him is our safest way to be and I don't know HOW but HE NEVER FAILS to bring about what is good.  Not what feels good, but what IS good.  That's hard to grasp, but I'm catching on. 

Will we sing when we don't feel like it?

Will we bless when we are cursed?

Will we compliment those who lie about us?

Will we love those who live in self pity?

Will we give to the takers?

OUCH.... OUCH.... OUCH.... OUCH.... OUCH.....

Will we declare God GOOD when everything around feels not good?

     Jesus didn't live perfectly as God, he lived perfectly as man dependent on God.
Jesus didn't love perfectly because he didn't hurt, he loved perfectly because he had understanding.  Hurt didn't hold power.  The end held power.  Knowing what we are hurting for holds power to me.  When it's done, I want to know there's a prize held to. That prize being the very heart of God.  I want fullness.  That's what I am chasing this year for me and for my family - the fullness of God in the midst of everything. 

      It's not that I don't believe in breakthrough and healing.  Don't get me wrong.  But what I am learning is that more amazing than living in complete pleasure - feeling good in every way, is living FULLY.  The Lord began speaking to me about longsuffering several years ago.  That word would revisit me time and again and I hated that word.  What's to like?  But I think after the last couple of years, I am beginning to get it.  It's what we learn through suffering.  Those who suffer well, know how to live with joy in the purest sense because joy has to do with delighting in Christ, the truth of Christ, which requires FAITH.  At no other time do you need faith more, then when you suffer.  To suffer well with Christ, is to know joy, to hear His voice, and to trust what's coming is worth all of this.


    Beloved do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.  1 Peter 4:12-13


   

Comments

Christie M said…
You need another update Tina! :)

Popular Posts