Harvesting the Seeds





There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens  Eccelesiastes 3:1




So many wonderful things about planting and harvesting sunflowers!

Besides the fact they are AMAZING to watch grow, they provided many opportunities within our homeschooling activities.

We planted two different varieties of sunflowers and discussed comparison.  What is different and what is alike?

We sorted according to seed sizes and and colors (some black and some varigated.)

We measured diameter.

We counted.

We touched.

When all the seeds where removed we used what was left as a stamper....painting it and pressing on paper.  Even enjoyed some art time!

We tasted!  We ate them before baking and after.

The kids can't wait for next years crop. 

Comments

Bree said…
Hello!
I've been a reader of your blog for quite some time now, my family and I just love it!!! Your posts are so touching.. Many of them I will remember in my heart always. I started following your blog during Maxim's adoption. I will always remember your post about Beautiful. ♥ I was so excited when my dear friends Alla, Misha, Oksana and Nadya (at The Bible Orphan Ministry in Ukraine) told me that they were able to meet you in person!! Your family is such a blessing! I wanted to let you know that I've awarded your blog a Sunshine Award! There are more details on our blog: http://www.coverupforchrist.com/. You have truly inspired me and I am glad to share your blog with others. Thank you!

Your Younger Sister in Christ,
Bree
Sarah said…
I have been following your blog and am so encouraged by your family. I wanted to let you know that we are adopting our 2nd child from Ukraine (6th adoption, 7th child). He is a 15-year-old boy and we are over-the-top excited. Bless you as you love and learn from these precious ones of yours.

Popular Posts