His Beautiful Provision

    As I have been soaking in the amazing provision God has poured out through His people for the Higbie family adopting Nadiya, Oksana and Vasyla, I have been asking for a refreshment of my thankful eyes.  Lord, let me keep excited about your provision and the many ways you care for us!!  He loves us through one another.

One of the many ways God has blessed us is through our therapy team.


I love looking back and seeing how God has so carefully weaved our lives together with the perfect people for us!  Back in they day, about 10 years ago I became friends with Amanda Clark.  She and her husband have three blessings from Donetsk, Ukraine.  A few years later Amanda returned to Ukraine on mission and brought some therapists with her and I joined along too.  It was the summer of 2006 and it was the trip when I would first meet Maxim, Cephas and Lucia.
 
Kym (on the left) and Amanda (right)

It was from that time that Grace Haven has grown and our passion for the weakest ones ignited by Jesus!  At the same time a really incredible thing was happening with the therapists who went on that trip too.  One of the owners of our therapy clinic, Kym Hannah, met her own sweet daughter and began praying about how Children's Therapy TEAM could continue to return to Ukraine to help orphans with special needs.  What has developed over the last several years is that many of the therapists have caught the passion too and travel over twice a year with TEAM Ukraine!!

So how very perfect is it that the people who come in my house each day not only love God, but love orphans and have actually been where my children lived and some even met them there!!  AMAZING GOD!!  And of all the places in the country I could live....He has us here just down the road from all of these precious people.

Yesterday, our occupational therapist, Abby Snyder, came to evaluate Maxim and she brought her own little doll, Eva - adopted from Donetsk, Ukraine just last December. Our kids were NUTS to see her and hopefully we didn't overwhelm her too much.

Cephas needed to hug her and pet her, Rainan brought her an assortment of dolls, Grace made sure she had books and blocks and Lucia waited the entire time until the end when she could have special cuddle time with Eva.


Gosh it's true life is complicated and "get up and go" isn't how it happens so much these days, but this is the stuff that makes it quite perfect for us.  Life is beautiful.  Just LIFE.

So let me introduce you to some of the gifts that show up on my doorstep a few times a week. 
Danielle is one of our physical therapists and is a new special friend to Lucia.  I love how calm she is.  Such a perfect match for our children.
 Working on extension
 Tonya, GOD BLESS HER, still gets down on the floor and works hard at nearly 7.5 months pregnant.  She reminds me a lot of myself funny and serious at the same time.  She is loaded with information. Cephas loves therapy time!

Working on keeping balance while sitting on the bench without arm support and learning puzzles at the same time! I love multi-tasking!
 This is our lovely speech therapist, Amy Smith.  She is working with Grace to help her learn to read. 

    They aren't only therapists, they are friends.  They show up and see my messy kitchen and funny hair and think nothing of it (or hide their snickers really well!).  They put their heart into everything they do and it shows.  Their presence ministers to me and I love that I get to be free with my faith and passion for orphans with our therapy team.  

To read the beginnings of TeamWorks Ukraine go here: http://teamworksteam.org/about/who_we_are

Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.  1 Timothy 6:17



Comments

Nicole said…
I love the smiles on Lucia and Cephas faces...such a blessing that these wonderful therapists and friends are in your family's life.

Popular Posts