Embracing the Time


Celebrating our first FOURTH all together.

The Francis family came over for the 4th of July and helped Cephas and Lucia celebrate.
Here's our Ukraine crew together.  Sweet bunch!
 Best Friends
 First Sparklers!

 Crazy blessed to call Stacey friend!

Cameron showing some serious SKILL!

Lucia got in on the action too! (Grace is dancing back there! lol)

Jubilee found bubbles to be more her speed.


      One of the new things Lucia is enjoying is holding her "baby" named Jubilee.  It's so difficult for Lucia not to be able to use her hands and arms to do the things she would like.  If she was physically able I have NO doubt she would be the most hands on attentive mommy ever!  One day when the girls were playing house she said, "Lucia Mommy.  Jubilee baby."  So to be playful I picked Jubi up and placed her on her lap.  I held her there thinking it might not work but in all of the awkwardness they were both having fun so I left them alone and took some photos.

       Oh how she longs for better communication.  She speaks but her language is limited and its effort to produce each syllable.  When people meet her they aren't sure what she understands so they often don't take the time with her.  She has so much going on in her thoughts that I can't wait to hear.


Getting ready to watch the fireworks show!

 Big brothers put on the show for us.


    I am sorry I haven't been able to update more often.  The days are faster than I imagined they could ever be.  They are full and new still for Cephas and Lucia while there are some comforting routines.  Simple things like baths are still exciting and every small experience is an adventure lit up in their faces. 

     Randy and I realize this is a bit of down time before all of the doctor appointments bring new realities of surgeries and difficult decisionmaking.  There are times I can almost forget about the severity of their conditions.  We just live here.  While we experience the reality daily while tending to them, we remember how they once lived.  Their lives are so full now and their joy at times can make me forget what comes ahead.

     I begin weeping at that.  I want these things that need to come and yet I begin hurting for them.  I want an easy carefree day for Lucia without pain and discomfort.  My goodness I cannot imagine the crown in heaven she will receive.  It will be extravagant as I know her heart is.  

    We just aren't the same people, Randy and I.  As much as all of our children have helped mold us over the years, this year has marked something so very deep in us as a couple and as a family.  The fragility of life has taken on new dimensions in our hearts and we understand more than ever what family is and what it is not. This is greater importance than ever to hold each other gently.  Our definition of what is REAL has transformed.  

    Breathing is beautiful.  Being in the garden and watching children playing.  Early morning quiet prayer time on the porch. Redefined relationships. Listening.  Lots of listening.  And in this, the confidence we feel is in a deepened faith.  I trust that my precious Jesus who lifted these two from broken places will continue to keep them under His wing for the perfect plan He has.  With joyful tears I ride this journey of motherhood.

    

    



Comments

Christie M said…
What a beautiful post. You captured in your words, the preciousness of lives changed. We rejoice with you!
Nicole said…
Thank you for your blog and update...so wonderful to read. :)
Unknown said…
Lucia's smile is so much like my daughter's own! If you hadn't adopted her, I think I would've had to :-) I wish I could show you a picture of my girl, they could be sisters, and both with CP.

Popular Posts