Burning Heart

Last Friday, Randy and I had called a group of people together to worship at our home and to share with them some things the Lord has been speaking to us about in regards to Grace Haven. As a friend led us in worship, the Holy Spirit began to impress upon my heart a pain so deep I later described it as a burning feeling. Accompanying this ache were the words "I am hovering over this earth looking for those hearts so undone and filled with mercy." Tears pouring down my face, I no longer felt like moving forward with our meeting, I just wanted to stay in this place of hearing the Lord's heart.

Later as I prayed that evening on my own this feeling only intensified, going into intercession automatically everytime I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. All weekend this continued and then this morning I picked up a book next to my bed called Tortured for Christ and flipped to page 58. Amazed I was to read the following excerpt, "Now I will show you how I love you. At once, I felt a flame in my heart which burned like the coronal steamers of the sun." This seemed to describe perfectly what I was experiencing. I was reminded of the disciples who met up with Jesus on the road to Emmaus and how they later spoke these words, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?" Luke 24:32 This is what it is with me now....the Lord has spoke to my heart so clearly and with burning I feel a greater measure of the intense love he has for his children. He would leave the 99 sheep to go after the one lost sheep.


I have had prayed over me on two occasions over the last year that I might increase in measure with the Father's compassion and mercy in my heart. Is this what I am experiencing now? I believe so. His love so strong it conquers all. His love is power. He is calling us now and he is looking closely down amongst his children and finding those who are poured out for the orphan and lost, those who will allow themselves to be used by him to go after that one of 99 sheep. He grieves for that one!

I'm reminded of the words Loren Cunningham once shared- "I pray for affliction to the comfortable, and comfort to the afflicted." My heart is "afflicted" with groanings of orphans, of those alone and afraid and weak. But I don't want comfort- I want opportunity to do something about it. I want to be used. I want to see chained iron gates busted open by the flood waters of holy love. Lord use your people now, place burning aches for justice in them and empower them in ways only you can. Breathe life where there is death and hope where there is hopelessness.

Comments

How inspiring!!! What an amazing story; I just love how God works like that. He did a similar thing with me when He wanted us to adopt our Chrissie. He set this sense of urgency within me for a weekend that included vivid dreams (some nightmares) that left me feeling so restless. Then, He led us straight to His "urgent need" in Serbiaafter pouring it into my heart for a weekend. Love the way God works, and I pray many will be touched by your beautiful blog posts.

Popular Posts